Ghana Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists (GAMLS) established since 1971, and incorporated under the Professional Bodies Registration Decree (NRCD143) in 1973 with registration number PB-2 and having its headquarter offices at Hse. No. A14/2, Ring Road West, Korle-Bu, Accra and registered Postal Officeat P.O. Box KB 144, Korle-Bu, is a non-governmental, non-religious, non-partisan and not-for-profit Allied Health Professional organization made up of Medical Laboratory Scientists and practitioners.
GAMLS, is the sole professional body for all Medical Laboratory Scientists in Ghana, with over three thousand (3000) membership across the country working in various public, quasi-government, security agencies and private hospitals laboratories, medical research institutions, as well as in academia performing key roles that are geared towards promoting optimal health for the people of Ghana.
COMPOSITION AND ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE
The Association has the following Organizational Structures:
- Annual National Congress (ANC): Is the highest decision making body of the Association.
- National Executive Council (NEC): Is the second highest decision makingbody of the Association, and is responsible to and derive its powers from CONGRESS.
- National Executive Officers (NEO): Is responsible for the day–to-day administration and management of the affairs of the Association under the direction of the NEC. The NEO consist of the following positions; President, Vice President, General Secretary and National Financial Secretary.
- National Headquarters: Is situated in Accra and houses the National Secretariat of the Association.
- Regional Branches: Local bodies in each of the ten (10) regions across the country; responsible to Council and subsequently to the Congress.
- Chapters: the members of the Association in two Teaching Hospitals: Korle-BuTeaching Hospital (KBTH) in Accra, and Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) in Kumasi are local CHAPTER bodies of the Association: are responsible to their respective Regional branches, to Council and ultimately to the Congress.