The Ghana Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists (GAMLS) was formed with the main purpose to further and develop public interest by encouraging the study, keeping in line with modern trends and improving the practice of Medical laboratory Science.
To achieve the above, the Association objects:
- To foster the spirit of brotherliness and unity among all Medical Laboratory scientists in Ghana and the world at large.
- To promote the science and to develop the practice of Medical Laboratory Science for the benefit of mankind.
- To cater for the social, economic and professional needs of the members.
- For the purpose of carrying out the objects, the Association shall seek to have influence and secure for members such definite status and recognition as may assist members in the discharge of their duties.
- To exercise professional supervision over members with a view to maintaining a high standard of professional competence and conduct.
- To hold meetings for the delivery of lectures, for the reading of papers, and for the discussion of scientific and technical matters as well as other subjects of general interest.
- To issue on request, copies of lectures and professional transactions to members and others interested in Biomedical Science.